Wednesday 29 October 2014

Fallen Odyssey


Up until a few weeks ago I didn't have a whole lot of experience with Fallen, despite it being one of my local breweries. One bored Saturday after a tweet to the owner and I was on the twenty minute drive out to Kippen to check out the brewery.

I managed to pick up a few bottles from the farm shop across the road from the brewery, one of which was Odyssey, a 4.1% blonde ale.
It pours a very pale yellow with a huge, fluffy white head that sticks around for quite a while.

The aroma is all spicy Saaz with a little bit of malt coming through at the end and the taste is more of the same balanced on a beautiful, almost creamy body.

This is a wonderful beer and it certainly continues the high standard set by the other Fallen beers I've had recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment